In the Media: July 8, 2021
It’s only been two weeks since our last media recap and we already have plenty of Nexo stories for you to catch up on. Luckily, the second edition of our news summary is here to get you up to speed.
As usual, you can watch the latest interviews with our Co-founder and Managing Partner Antoni Trenchev and get the full scoop on what the Nexo team got up to in the media over the last two weeks below:
Antoni on Yahoo Finance
Yahoo Finance anchors Akiko Fujita and Zack Guzman met with Antoni last week for a quick interview about Nexo and to get his take on Binance’s recent run-in with regulators.
- Nexo has experienced a 700-800% increase in AUM, demonstrating the company’s spectacular growth over just a few months.
- Central banks’ response to COVID and influence from figures like Michael Saylor and Paul Tudor Jones have sped up crypto adoption.
- While small or mid-tier clients of traditional banks have funds covered by FDIC insurance and other protections, high net worth clients often exceed these measures and consequently find it more secure to use crypto lending platforms like Nexo instead.
- Regulators’ crackdown on Binance is widely misunderstood. The FCA’s statement takes issue with a specific Binance derivatives and leverage product, not the entire enterprise.
- The FCA also specified they do not regulate crypto, mentioning Bitcoin and Ethereum in particular which means, from a regulatory standpoint, crypto is here to stay.
In the News
- Nexo Invests in Qredo: Nexo contributed to Qredo’s private token sale as one of the company’s leading strategic backers.
- Cardano Available on Nexo: You can now buy, sell, borrow against and earn interest on ADA.
- The NEXO on Bitfinex: Our native token is now trading on Bitfinex!
- China vs. Big Tech: Antoni breaks down BTC price action in response to China’s active regulations against tech companies on Bloomberg.
- Sustainable Yields: As more and more interest-bearing accounts for crypto become available, read why Nexo’s offering remains popular despite the competition.
We trust you’ve enjoyed catching up on the latest stories in crypto with Nexo and we look forward to our next news summary.