Nexo’s “Crypto for Ukraine” Campaign Supports Over 25,000 Ukrainians
The conflict in Ukraine continues to shatter the lives of millions of people across the country, leaving them in dire need of humanitarian assistance and forcing them to flee their homes and cross into neighboring countries and territories.
Helping those in need is an arduous task, even for the most experienced humanitarian organizations. This is why we sincerely believe it’s our personal duty to continue supporting the millions of displaced persons whose lives are at risk, to the best of our individual and community abilities.
Last April, the Nexo community took a stand and raised $700,000 for emergency humanitarian relief as part of our “Crypto for Ukraine” donation campaign and allocated funds towards numerous organizations. As the conflict persists, our company and team continues to preposition lifesaving supplies and participate in long-term education and integration programs. In this blog post, we provide an overview of our efforts and a breakdown of how we and our partners have distributed the donations to date.
Highlights of Nexo’s and its Partners’ Efforts: June 1 - July 5
- Nexo has directly supported nearly 25,000 Ukrainians affected by the conflict– children, youth, and women.
- Nexo is working with over 24 initiatives and partner organizations providing humanitarian aid, relief, and resources to Ukrainian refugees in neighboring countries.
- Nexo has provided medical aid to thousands affected by the situation in Ukraine by donating medical devices, medical supplies, over 100 wheelchairs and adjustable crutches, and a critical vehicle to hospitals in Lviv, Dnipro, and other towns and cities.
- Nexo is the main contributor to an emergency relief fund focused on situation centers in nearby countries. The donations were allocated towards transportation, accommodation, and food provision for over 360 Ukrainian citizens accommodated at six facilities.
- Nexo has also focused its efforts on integration projects supporting The Integration Center, part of "For Good" Foundation, and the Bulgarian Fund for Women, securing psychological and therapeutic help, educational courses, legal support, and social integration for more than 15,000 people.
- Thanks to our work with Ukraine Support and Renovation, nearly 50 children with disabilities and their families receive daily support – housing, education, special training, social and health services.
- Further establishing the “Mission Ukraine Center”, which is focused on connecting medical specialists with young children and providing access to educational services, and special care for diagnosed children and young refugees in neighboring countries.
- A comprehensive report on the progress made by The Integration Center, part of "For Good" Foundation and Ukraine Support and Renovation is to be published and shared with the community.
The Nexo team is extremely grateful for the tireless efforts of all partnering organizations which go to great lengths to create a positive, lasting impact: #BG4UA, Bulgarian Fund for Women, For Our Children, AUOB Mati Ukraine, BCause Foundation, and many others.
Highlights of Nexo’s and its Partners’ Efforts: April 15 - May 31
- Nexo donated a critical vehicle, medical devices, and supplies to hospitals in Lviv and Dnipro.
- We’ve backed sustainable education and integration projects with long-term effects for children and their families.
- Through our partnering organizations, we’ve helped provide emergency aid, relief and resources for women and refugees in hosting countries.
Funding Overview and Partnerships
Between April 15 and May 31, Nexo supported over 5,000 women and children Ukrainian refugees with emergency and long-lasting aid thanks to the tireless efforts of our trusted regional organizations. Our priority has been addressing their imminent humanitarian needs but also taking sustainable action with lasting effect.
All donations support humanitarian assistance in impacted communities under three main pillars:
- Emergency Humanitarian Aid
- Children, Education, and Integration
- Women, Mothers with Children, Ukrainian Refugees
At present, our partnering organizations’ efforts include:
Emergency Humanitarian Aid (Nexo + AUOB “Mother Ukraine”, $30,000)
- One Rapid Response Vehicle: The vehicle was granted to Hospitallers, a battalion of volunteer medics in Ukraine. The vehicle is staffed by paramedics whose primary role is to provide advanced emergency medical care for critical and emergent patients.
- Two vacuum closure-assisted devices and medical supplies for them: crucial equipment donated to the Lviv Medical Union which is now used in intensive care in the Lviv Regional Clinical Hospital and in a municipal hospital in Dnipro, in the kids’ surgery unit.
- Canned and preserved foods (3,000 portions)
- Underwear (4,000 items) and footwear (850 pairs)
Children, Education, and Integration (Nexo + BG4UA, $105,000)
- “New Beginning” educational program for Ukrainian children, including classes for children aged between three and 17, technology and art classes, as well as financial support for their parents. So far, 463 children have been enrolled.
- “Mission Ukraine in Bulgaria”: A newly established organization with trained specialists for a year-round program aimed at assisting children with special healthcare needs and their families.
Women, Mothers with Children, and Refugees (Nexo + Bulgarian Fund for Women, BCause, $25,000)
The funds donated by Nexo to BFW’s Urgent Fund for Women and Children have backed five local first-line organizations supporting Ukrainian refugees in Bulgaria. The allocation included: essential foodstuffs and sanitary products; medical supplies and tests; rental, accommodation, and transportation costs; counseling sessions to help individuals who fled cope with the recent traumatic events.
Between April 15 and May 31, the following contributions were made:
- $350,000 donated to Ukraine’s crypto addresses by Nexo clients and employees
- $100,000 initial donation by Nexo
- $160,000 contributed to the above-mentioned emergency and long-term initiatives
- $90,000 allocated to partnering organizations and ready to be distributed
Nexo's trusted and reliable local partners are bringing relief to Ukrainian communities and they need resources to continue their life-saving work and keep getting donations out to the people that need them.
We’d like to thank each and every person who contributed to our “Crypto for Ukraine” initiative. The funds donated by Nexo, its clients, and staff come at a crucial time to reach every individual in need of protection.